Five-acre crem expansion
BOSSES at a crematorium in Weston have moved a step closer to expanding their operations with a new five-acre memorial and cemetery.
Dignity Funeral Services have been given the nod to put forward a planning application for the new burial area at the Ebdon Road site.
It comes after North Somerset Council said the proposed scheme would not need an Environmental Impact Assessment ahead of the submission.
The assessment is sometimes needed by developers to prove a proposal would have not have a detrimental impact on the surrounding area.
The firm, which took over the crematorium from the unitary authority two years ago, wants to upgrade the cremators, refurbish the chapel and create a new memorial garden on five acres of farming land next to the site.
You may also want to watch:
The garden will include ponds and streams, gravel paths, seating and lighting.
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 3 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 6 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 7 Spot the scarecrows around Kewstoke and Sand Bay
- 8 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 9 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 10 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?