Flintoff Farron loses cricket match
AN ESTATE agent was dubbed Andrew Flintoff Farron despite losing a charity cricket match organised by Weston businesses.
AN ESTATE agent was dubbed Andrew 'Flintoff' Farron despite losing a charity cricket match organised by Weston businesses.
It is hoped the event, held at Weston Cricket Club for the last seven years, has raised more than �2,000 for Weston Hospicecare.
Andrew, of Farron's Estate Agents, raced home from a holiday in Wales to compete with his 12-strong team the Weston Warriors with colleague Chris Bloxham, of Bloxham and Barlow, only to be beaten by rivals The Glimstead Gladiators.
Man of the match Andrew said: "As always it's not the winning that matters, it's the taking part.
You may also want to watch:
I was pleased with my all-round performance, just sorry I couldn't continue it in the bar."
Chris said: "The weather was nice and sunny for a change and we all had a good day, despite our aches and pains.
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 3 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 4 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 5 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 6 £1m funding bid to make Weston police station redevelopment viable
- 7 Somerset votes for two unitaries instead of one by clear margin in poll
- 8 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 9 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced
The hospice is such a good organisation that everyone can relate to that it's easy to collect money for them.