Food and family fun plans for pub
- Credit: Archant
AFTER saying ‘I do’ a couple decided to take on a new challenge and take over a popular Weston pub.
The new faces behind the bar, Paul and Mandy Boundary, decided they wanted to go into the pub trade and began a training course and search for the perfect place after touching down from their honeymoon last year.
Paul, a former aeronautical engineer, aged 57, and 46-year-old Mandy are now running the Borough Arms in Locking Road, and plan to start serving food at the end of this month and have arranged a charity event.
Mandy, who was a receptionist and a carer for her mother and grandmother before she got involved in bar-keeping, said: “We got married in November and decided to do something completely different.
“We both said we would like to run a pub and as soon as we came back from honeymoon we decided to start looking and make the move from Cornwall.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a very rewarding and exciting job, making the locals happy.
“I think Weston is lovely and a very friendly town.”
- 1 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 2 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 3 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 4 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 5 PICTURES: Look inside Weston's Revo Kitchen
- 6 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 7 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 8 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 9 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 10 Scores enjoy village scarecrow trail based on TV characters
The pub’s accommodation and kitchen have been revamped by the company which owns the Borough Arms, Star Pubs & Bars.
Mandy added: “We have put some hanging baskets up outside and we will be providing food at the end of August, which we will be doing ourselves.”
A charity night, in aid of Help For Heroes, will also be held on August 25 from noon, where visitors will be entertained by a swing band from 3-5pm and get the chance to enjoy the family fun day, a barbecue and have a go at a raffle.
To donate a raffle prize contact Paul on 07449 319011.