Free company HQ up for grabs
ONE would-be Weston entrepreneur looking to kick-start a new business idea could be in line for a unique helping hand, thanks to a partnership between the Mercury and Legal and General Property (LGP).
Over coming weeks, we will be running a competition to find Weston’s Next Top Businessman, with a fantastic prize up for grabs.
LGP is landlord of Weston Industrial Estate and is generously offering a whole year’s rent-free lease on a prime business unit to the person with the best new business start-up idea.
The unit is located off Winterstoke Road and is part of Weston’s premier industrial estate – meaning the prize is valued at thousands of pounds.
LGP says it wants to promote new local businesses and to help provide a conducive business environment to support their ideas.
You may also want to watch:
Entrants to the competition will be invited to submit business plans, detailing their new business idea or concept, to an expert panel.
The panel will then shortlist the applicants and interview the successful people. The overall winner will be announced in December – and could even move in as early as January.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 3 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 4 Appeal to find missing teenager Ruben
- 5 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 8 Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses
- 9 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
The competition is open to all new businesses within the BS postcode, and full terms and conditions can be viewed by logging on to www.westonindustrial.com
More details of the contest will be announced in next week’s Mercury – don’t miss your chance to become Weston’s Next Top Businessman.