Free market stall for Weston-super-Mare charities
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Charities looking for a chance to raise some money or promote their cause are being offered a unique opportunity by a Weston-super-Mare business.
Weston Indoor Market, in High Street, is offering two weeks’ use of one of its units, rent-free, to local charities.
The market – formerly known as the Tudor Mall – has recently been refurbished, and is now home to units selling games, clothes, crafts and more.
But manager Alix Jeffries wants to support charities too, and is wants to hear from any groups keen to take up the offer.
Alix told the Mercury: “We felt that this would be a good gesture to assist any bona fide charities to raise awareness of their cause.
You may also want to watch:
“At no cost, they can set up a unit for a one or two-week period to raise funds or create awareness in their local community.”
Charities interested in doing so can contact Alix on 07507 928279.
- 1 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 2 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 3 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 4 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 5 Weston AFC unveil more Optima Stadium development plans
- 6 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 7 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 8 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 9 Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses