Future apprentices get office tour
- Credit: Archant
FOURTEEN young people enjoyed a tour of a major new Weston office development, as its owner prepares to launch a new apprenticeship scheme.
Knightstone Housing invited the 18 to 24-year-olds to visit its new flagship headquarters at the Weston Gateway Business Park.
They are all enrolled on the NGAGE pre-apprenticeship programme at Weston College – and could be future candidates for Knightstone’s own course, which launches in partnership with NGAGE this month.
Phil Barker, Knightstone’s Into Work Programme manager, said: “It was great to give the young people, two of whom are our residents, an insight into our business and where we work.
“The NGAGE and Knightstone partnership is giving young people the chance to kick-start their careers and the confidence to apply for jobs and work experience in the future.
You may also want to watch:
“Successful applicants to our programme will gain a full time apprenticeship and they’ll be supported all the way through their time with us.”
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 4 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 5 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 6 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 7 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 8 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 9 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 10 5 things to do in North Somerset this weekend