Garden store revamped with new plant areas
- Credit: Archant
YOUNG footballers cut the ribbon for a store in Worle which has undergone a revamp.
Homebase in Bristol Road has been redesigned to include new plant zones, an area for fruit and vegetables and a place to browse sheds and arbours.
It was officially opened by Worle Junior Football Team, as its winter kit is being sponsored by the shop.
Store manager Paul Hill said: “We’re delighted to mark the opening of our new-look store with players from the Worle Juniors team wearing their new football kits for the very first time. We’re proud to play a big part in our local community, and have lots more activities planned through the rest of the year.”
Families from the area visited the shop on its opening day to enjoy a sweets trolley and face-painting and creations by a balloon modeller and caricaturist.
You may also want to watch:
The shop has added touch-screen technology and a free interior design service, and is also wifi-enabled with a new café.
The revamp is part of a national redevelopment programme for Homebase, designed to offer more home and garden inspiration for customers.
- 1 PICTURES: Look inside Weston's Revo Kitchen
- 2 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 3 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 4 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 5 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 6 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Scores enjoy village scarecrow trail based on TV characters
- 9 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 10 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation