New gay bar opens in Weston-super-Mare
- Credit: Nigel Briers
A new community bar is causing a buzz in Weston town centre after opening in September.
The Proud Bar has opened its doors in the Boulevard and is already proving a success with pub-goers.
The LGBT+ bar had more than 70 people turn up to its opening night on September 19.
Venue manager Cheryl Bennett said: “I am delighted with the success of the night and the team are looking forward to the weekends ahead.”
Customers at Proud praised the ‘fantastic’ venue, with patrons overjoyed to have a gay bar in Weston once again.
You may also want to watch:
The relaxed venue offers a wine bar-type atmosphere and encourages its guests to ‘be loud and be proud’ in keeping with the LGBT+persona.
The pub will be open every week from Wednesday to Sunday to give people of all sexual orientations a place to go with their friends and families to enjoy a drink and chill out.
- 1 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 2 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 3 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 4 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 5 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 6 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 7 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 8 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 9 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 10 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston