Gift store is best in South
- Credit: Archant
A Winscombe businesswoman is ‘thrilled’ after her shop was crowned as one of the best gift retailers in the South of England.
The Country House Gift Company, in Woodborough Road, won the best newcomer category at the Greats Gift Awards, which took place at the Savoy Hotel in London.
The shop saw off formidable competition from across London, the South of England and Wales to take home the prestigious prize.
Owner Elaine Coles said: “I’m absolutely thrilled about winning. It is just fantastic.
“The award was so heavy, I couldn’t carry it off the stage. I had to get someone to help me.
You may also want to watch:
“The award is now in the window of the shop and we’ve had the loveliest comments and feedback from our customers. People are overjoyed and are telling us we’ve really put Winscombe, and North Somerset in general, on the map.”
Ms Coles opened the shop in 2013 and credited her success to her ‘amazing’ team of staff.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 3 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 4 Appeal to find missing teenager Ruben
- 5 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 8 Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses
- 9 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
She said: “This award is the result of a real team effort.
“Everyone is really passionate about the business and goes the extra mile to help customers.”