Horse box café opens for business in Weston town centre
- Credit: Archant
Weston-super-Mare is often maligned for its plethora of coffee shops, but its newest café promises something different to the rest.
Ginger and Rhubarb, housed in a renovated horse box, has opened in Carlton Street, offering an extensive range of hot drinks and sweet and savoury treats.
The business is the brainchild of Fay Powell, who has lived in Weston all her life and has long held aspirations to open a business in the town.
She said: “With all the exciting changes happening in the town centre, it seemed like the right time.
“I think we have so much to offer in our region and I’m passionate about using local produce wherever possible, even down to the renovation of the horse box and we’re delighted with the result.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve started to get requests to do more lunch time food, so we’re looking to expand already and offer sandwiches and toasties for adults and kids, as well as the cakes we already offer.”
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 4 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 5 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 6 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 7 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 8 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 9 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 10 5 things to do in North Somerset this weekend