Glamour at Weston College business awards
- Credit: Archant
WESTON College celebrated key partnerships across the town at its annual business awards.
The event and attracted more than 160 nominations and 300 guests at the glamorous ceremony held at Doubletree Hilton by Cadbury House.
Employers from across the South West were recognised for their partnership with the college.
Principal Dr Paul Phillips said: “I am particularly delighted this year that we received a significant increase in the number of nominations from our employers.
“This is testament to the positive working relationship between the college and its partner businesses, the quality of the learners, and the quality of the training being provided.”
You may also want to watch:
Wrington-based company Debbie Fortune Estate Agents won the Small Business Employer Of The Year award, Apprentice Employer Of The Year and were highly commended in the Apprenticeship Ambassador Award.
Owner Debbie Fortune said: “I’ve found that with the right apprentices, we have been able to improve everything we do.
- 1 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 2 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 3 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 4 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 5 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 6 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 7 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 8 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 9 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 10 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
“It has been great working with the college and I think the service to employers has been developed hugely over the past six years.”
TV presenter Nicki Chapman was the guest speaker at the event, and said: “I left school at 16 and did not go to university. If I had had the opportunities the college gives people today, it would have given me such a leg-up in my career.”
Partner Learner Of The Year was won by Ellie White, from Beauty Oasis Day Spa. She said: “I have really enjoyed my apprenticeship. It has been great learning at work, getting lots of experience learning from others in the job.”