Grand opening for Weston-super-Mare’s new Lidl store
- Credit: Simon Trott
A new Lidl supermarket has opened in Weston-super-Mare this week.
The hotly-anticipated new store, in Winterstoke Road, opened with a ribbon-cutting ceremony on December 1.
Weston mayor Alan Peak was on hand for the opening and was given a tour of the building by staff.
Beavers and cubs from 3rd Weston Scouts were also in attendance to celebrate opening of the supermarket.
It is the second store in the town opened by German-based food giants Lidl after the long-standing branch in Summer Lane, Worle.
You may also want to watch:
Forty new jobs have been created at the supermarket, which features ‘state-of-the-art’ facilities including energy-efficient lighting, longer tills and an in-store bakery.
James Mitchell, of Lidl UK, said: “We would like to thank all those who have played a part in bringing a new Lidl store to Weston.
- 1 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 2 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 3 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 4 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 5 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 6 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 7 Doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 8 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 9 Freedom Day: North Somerset responds to lockdown easing delay
- 10 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
“It is wonderful for us to be able to create more jobs and investment opportunities in the area.”