Grand Pier reveals £250k investment
- Credit: Archant
THE attractions at the Grand Pier in Weston have just got even better thanks to a £250,000 investment.
Brand new coin-operated games, additional rides and general improvements have been completed to make sure the pier is ready for big crowds throughout the height of the summer season.
Some of the new rides have been made specifically to cater for younger children to enable a full family experience and the pier’s management team has also introduced a variety of new deals for the summer.
The attraction’s general manager Paul Charalambous said: “On the back of this fresh investment in our facilities and buildings, combined with the hard work my team have put on during the winter, I’m confident the pier is in great shape for summer.”
The pier has just started a new deal aimed at teenagers and students which means they can buy a half price wristband on Thursday evenings.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Charalambous said: “We’ll be keeping, and adding to, our value-for-money deals and offers to encourage visitors, ensuring the pier at Weston remains one of the South West’s must-visit entertainment attractions.”
The pier has also just been awarded praised for its innovative work promoting coach tourism and was given an award at this year’s Coach Tourism Awards.
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 3 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 4 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 7 New principal appointed at academy
- 8 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 9 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented
- 10 Banwell bypass route chosen