Grants to district’s revitalise high streets
- Credit: Archant
BUSINESSES in North Somerset are being encouraged to apply for funds to start up new firms or revitalise their shops before the deadline for applications closes.
North Somerset Council was awarded £100,000 from central Government as part of an initiative to revitalise high streets and try to bring more shops into the empty units.
Businesses have until 9am on Monday to apply for a grant from the High Street Innovation Fund.
Small grants, of up to £3,000 are available to smaller businesses, and grants up to £10,000 may be awarded to larger projects which encourage companies to work with town and parish councils and local communities.
A council spokesman said: “It is really encouraging to hear that so many businesses are keen to collaborate and work together to improve the appearance and the offer on their high street.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve discussed so many exciting and innovative projects with businesses and communities over the past few weeks.
“Despite current economic conditions there has also been a strong interest from those wishing to start up in businesses and are looking to offer something quite different from what currently exists in their community.
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 4 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 5 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 6 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 7 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 8 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 9 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 10 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
“We hope that such projects will help to make the high street look a more attractive and vibrant place to be and breathe new life into certain areas of our towns.”
For further information on the criteria, guidance notes and an application form visit www.innorthsomerset.co.uk/funding or ring 01934 426341 or email firstname.lastname@example.org