Gym opens with specialist exercise training
- Credit: Mark Stanton
A NEW gym specialising in a type of exercise training called CrossFit has opened in Worle.
Adam Stanton has created his business called CrossFit OxHouse, based in Ebdon Road.
The new discipline is a strength and conditioning programme used by the armed forces and sports people.
Mr Stanton said: “It is functional fitness training with a combination of weightlifting, gymnastics and cardiovascular movement at high-intensity.
“I have trained most of my life in martial arts and what I liked about CrossFit is the community aspect of training in a group and helping each other out.”
You may also want to watch:
He said he had to travel around 20 miles in order to find a class and so decided to create his own business in Weston.
He added: “A lot of people I know wanted to try it and they have been coming to me to help them out.
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 3 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 4 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 5 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 6 £1m funding bid to make Weston police station redevelopment viable
- 7 Somerset votes for two unitaries instead of one by clear margin in poll
- 8 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 9 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced
“I enjoyed doing it and helping them so I decided I wanted to bring CrossFit to Weston.
“It is the first CrossFit gym in the area and I really like to show people what it’s about and to bring them into the community.”