Hairdresser aims for national title
- Credit: Archant
A WESTON hairdresser is hoping to be named the best in the country for 2014.
Steven Smart, who runs Smart: Est 73 in The Boulevard, will find out if he is the British Hairdresser Of The Year at a glamorous award ceremony in November.
The potential accolade would sit alongside an impressive array of awards having won European and world titles before.
Steven said: “I am utterly blown away by the news. It’s fantastic.
“I’ve had my heart set on these awards ever since I was named world champion in 2008.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve been shortlisted before so I’m hoping this time I’ll be coming back with the trophy.
“I’m going to be on tenterhooks until November.”
- 1 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 2 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 3 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 4 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 5 Weston hospital doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 8 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 9 Freedom Day: North Somerset responds to lockdown easing delay
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery