New nursery to open near Weston-super-Mare
- Credit: Contributed
A new nursery is to open on a Weston-super-Mare industrial estate later this summer.
Happy Days Nursery will open in Whirlwind Road, off the A371, at Weston Business Quarter in August.
The 81-place nursery will build on a highly successful 2017 for the company, during which new venues were opened in Bristol, Poole and Thornbury.
Happy Days will take its ‘high quality’ childcare to Weston after achieving seven consecutive outstanding Ofsted ratings at its nurseries in Cornwall.
Managing director Jackie Arthur said: “I am thrilled our policy of placing children at the centre of every decision we make is clearly evident in the quality of experience that every child receives in our nurseries.
You may also want to watch:
“This external recognition from Ofsted validates our business decision that high quality is the driver of an outstanding company.”
The Happy Days model has been created using international best practice and research to create a method of working aimed at maximising children’s potential.
- 1 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 2 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 3 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 4 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 5 PICTURES: Look inside Weston's Revo Kitchen
- 6 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 7 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 8 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 9 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 10 Scores enjoy village scarecrow trail based on TV characters
Childcare and education director Jo Beighton added: “I am delighted the dedication of our staff teams to provide the very best for the children in our care and the investment we have made in staff training, nursery resources and environments has been recognised.
“To achieve five outstanding assessments within a 12-week period is a tremendous and unique achievement.”
Happy Days provides Explorers spaces for children aged two or under and Discoverers for youngsters aged over two.
From then they will progress to Adventurers which will prepare children for the start of their school life.
The nursery has garnered strong relationships with numerous businesses and organisations in other areas including Rolls Royce, the NHS and Devon & Cornwall police, and is hoping to achieve the same in Weston.
Happy Days opened its first venue in 1991 and has since grown to boast 18 nurseries across the South West.
The company’s fully-trained staff of almost 500 people care for about 2,000 children.
An opportunity to meet the team will be held at 5.30pm on June 7 at North Somerset Enterprise & Technology College in Beaufighter Road.