Have your say on council budget
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Sedgemoor District Council’s annual budget consultation has begun – and the authority is calling on people to have their say.
The authority’s budget consultation will decide how the council’s proportion of council tax will be spent on services for the community.
No final decisions will be taken until February next year, but the consultation is being carried out to ‘ensure the views of the public are considered’ by councillors ahead of any vote.
The survey will see questionnaires sent out to 10,000 randomly-selected residents.
A council spokesman said: “The council continues to work within a very tight budget and will be reviewing its services to make sure that every penny is spent wisely.
You may also want to watch:
“Sedgemoor has been carrying out an annual budget consultation exercise for several years.
The questionnaire can also be filled in at www.sedgemoor.gov.uk/budgetconsultation
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 4 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 5 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 6 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 7 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 8 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 9 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 10 5 things to do in North Somerset this weekend