Health club’s ‘great’ award nomination
- Credit: Archant
A NORTH Somerset health club has been nominated for a prestigious national award.
theclub at DoubleTree by Hilton, Cadbury House has been shortlisted in the Health Club of the Year category at the National Fitness Awards.
The awards, which are now in their sixth consecutive year, were set up to highlight achievement and excellence within the fitness industry and any gym which has been open for more than two years is eligible to apply for a prize.
The Health Club of the Year category is designed to showcase gyms and spas which have a wide range of facilities available to members, such a swimming pool, sauna or steam room. It seeks to recognise clubs which provide ‘above average facilities’ and engage their customers through ‘inventive marketing campaigns’ and ‘excellent customer service’.
Staff at theclub, in Frost Hill in Congresbury, will find out whether they can take home the prize at an awards ceremony in Leicester on December 4.
You may also want to watch:
The ceremony is being hosted by former Olympic swimmer Steve Parry and star of BBC TV show The Apprentice Katie Bulmer-Cooke.
Jason Eaton is the group general manager at theclub. He said: “This nomination is testament to the hard work and dedication of all those involved at theclub.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 8 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
- 9 Planking your way to better health
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced
“Considering the sheer number, range and quality of health clubs up and down the country, to be shortlisted is a great achievement in its own right.
“What makes us different here is the constant objective to be the best and to provide our members and guests with the best possible experience. That way, they achieve their goals while enjoying their experience and time here.
“We’re now undergoing a major extension programme which will add further to the facilities we have on offer.
“This constant evolution of theclub not only means we’re the best in the region, but will hopefully place us as the best in the country.”