Here come the girls
A LUXURY spa in Somerset is making sure the Calendar Girls look absolutely sensational for a charity production of the hit show at the The Playhouse in Weston.
The entire cast will be treated to an Elemis face and body sensation at Rookery Retreat & Spa in Edingworth.
The spa is also donating bathrobes to preserve the girls’ modesty and holding a collection for their chosen charity at its Elemis launch party from 10am to 4.30pm on April 14.
Spa manager Rebekah Cannon said: ‘We are delighted to be able to help Somerset’s very own Calendar Girls raise money for Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research.
“Everyone is welcome to join us at the launch party for a glass of Bucks Fizz, scrumptious cakes, free consultations, great spa offers and a fabulous goodie bag to take home.”
You may also want to watch:
Visitors to the spa will also be offered �1 off all tickets for the amateur production of The Calendar Girls at The Playhouse on September 1.
Admission to the Elemis launch party at Rookery Retreat & Spa is free and Sunshine Productions will be donating all profits from the show to Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 3 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 4 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 5 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 9 North Somerset startup to supply face masks for Team GB skaters
- 10 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
Caption: Calendar Girls (clockwise, from top left): Sue Rawle (Cora), Charlotte House (Ruth), Naomi Triggol (Annie) and Linda Roberts (Jessie). Picture credit: Jess Cowley Photography