Here come the girls
A LUXURY spa in Somerset is making sure the Calendar Girls look absolutely sensational for a charity production of the hit show at the The Playhouse in Weston.
The entire cast will be treated to an Elemis face and body sensation at Rookery Retreat & Spa in Edingworth.
The spa is also donating bathrobes to preserve the girls’ modesty and holding a collection for their chosen charity at its Elemis launch party from 10am to 4.30pm on April 14.
Spa manager Rebekah Cannon said: ‘We are delighted to be able to help Somerset’s very own Calendar Girls raise money for Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research.
“Everyone is welcome to join us at the launch party for a glass of Bucks Fizz, scrumptious cakes, free consultations, great spa offers and a fabulous goodie bag to take home.”
You may also want to watch:
Visitors to the spa will also be offered �1 off all tickets for the amateur production of The Calendar Girls at The Playhouse on September 1.
Admission to the Elemis launch party at Rookery Retreat & Spa is free and Sunshine Productions will be donating all profits from the show to Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research.
- 1 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 2 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 3 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 4 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 5 Weston hospital doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 8 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 9 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
Caption: Calendar Girls (clockwise, from top left): Sue Rawle (Cora), Charlotte House (Ruth), Naomi Triggol (Annie) and Linda Roberts (Jessie). Picture credit: Jess Cowley Photography