High Street stores could go
THE long-term future of a popular national chain in Weston and Worle has been thrown into doubt.
The Argos stores, situated in the High Street and Queensway respectively, could close after its parent company announced widespread closures.
Home Retail Group (HRG) will close or relocate 75 of its 700 stores in the UK and Ireland over the next five years it announced last week.
No details of which shops will go have been confirmed.
The move comes after HRG – who own other stores including Homebase – has seen its sales drop in recent months.
You may also want to watch:
The decision to close and relocate Argos stores is also designed to allow it to move from a catalogue-led retailer to one more reliant on internet sales.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 8 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
- 9 Planking your way to better health
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced