Hinkley opportunities promoted to businesses
- Credit: Archant
A LIAISON officer for a nuclear power station has been hired to help North Somerset businesses benefit from the project.
North Somerset Council has appointed Sam Bodman to work as a business liaison officer for the Hinkley Point C project.
EDF Energy was given the go-ahead to build the nuclear power station at Hinkley Point, near Bridgwater, in October.
Ms Bodman will work with the Hinkley supply chain team, managed by the Somerset Chamber of Commerce, and will promote North Somerset suppliers to EDF.
The council’s deputy leader Elfan Ap Rees, whose portfolio includes economic development, said: “I very much welcome Sam to our economic development team to fill a much needed gap.
You may also want to watch:
“The development and growth at Hinkley Point offers huge long term employment, training and business opportunities for North Somerset and this appointment will ensure we give it the attention it deserves.”
Any businesses wishing to get involved with the project could contact the Hinkley supply chain team at www.hinkleysupplychain.co.uk
- 1 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 2 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 3 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 4 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 5 Weston AFC unveil more Optima Stadium development plans
- 6 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 7 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 8 Voice your views on roads, footpaths and cycling routes in North Somerset
- 9 Woman dies at Weston cemetery