Hinkley opportunities promoted to businesses
- Credit: Archant
A LIAISON officer for a nuclear power station has been hired to help North Somerset businesses benefit from the project.
North Somerset Council has appointed Sam Bodman to work as a business liaison officer for the Hinkley Point C project.
EDF Energy was given the go-ahead to build the nuclear power station at Hinkley Point, near Bridgwater, in October.
Ms Bodman will work with the Hinkley supply chain team, managed by the Somerset Chamber of Commerce, and will promote North Somerset suppliers to EDF.
The council’s deputy leader Elfan Ap Rees, whose portfolio includes economic development, said: “I very much welcome Sam to our economic development team to fill a much needed gap.
You may also want to watch:
“The development and growth at Hinkley Point offers huge long term employment, training and business opportunities for North Somerset and this appointment will ensure we give it the attention it deserves.”
Any businesses wishing to get involved with the project could contact the Hinkley supply chain team at www.hinkleysupplychain.co.uk
- 1 Weston pub launches eating challenge to win £100 bar tab
- 2 Tropicana announces trio of lockdown-busting summer club nights
- 3 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 4 Weston boy 'overwhelmed' at heart-warming response to car washing business
- 5 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 6 Primary school welcomes new principal
- 7 Doctors urge patients not to suffer in silence when it comes to their mental health
- 8 May 17: What are the Covid travel rules?
- 9 Travellers set up camp on Weston seafront
- 10 May 17: Bristol Airport 'disappointed' with green list