Hive happy to help
- Credit: Archant
Weston-based business development centre The Hive is celebrating after welcoming four new tenants to its offices.
Two-thirds of the centre’s space is now taken up, with tenants including financial advisors, a law firm membership group, a website designer and a support service for people suffering with mental health issues and disabilities.
The 25 businesses now housed at the North Somerset centre – or using it as their base address – are supplying a total of 50 jobs to the area’s economy.
Symphony Legal, which has been offering legal and business advice for more than 20 years, is among the latest to be welcomed in to the office space.
Operations director Louise Gash said: “Having been here for some weeks now The Hive has exceeded our expectations.
You may also want to watch:
“We originally thought that we would maybe move here for the short term before finding a more permanent base. Our experience so far, however, has led us to realise that we probably won’t need, or want, to move.”
Business development manager Rob Hicks said: “When we opened The Hive we were delivering a new concept in office space, meeting space and business advice to North Somerset.
- 1 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 2 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 3 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 4 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 5 Weston hospital doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 6 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 7 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 8 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 9 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 10 Weston AFC unveil more Optima Stadium development plans
“We are delighted to see that our belief in this being a much-needed facility for local businesses has been justified.
“Our aim is to make sure they enjoy their new workspace and have everything they need – from training and networking on the doorstep to business advice at their fingertips and comfortable and enjoyable offices to a vibrant business community.”