Holiday park seeks expansion
- Credit: Archant
A NORTH Somerset caravan site is hoping to update its leisure facilities to transform the park from ‘tired and dilapidated’ to a ‘contemporary entertainment complex’.
On Monday, Purn Holiday Park in Bleadon submitted a planning application to North Somerset Council to extend its clubhouse and swimming pool.
The holiday park owner, Highbridge-based company West Country Park Homes, hopes to create a new reception area, a restaurant and a bar, as well as enlarge the shop.
As part of the design and access statement submitted to the council, the park’s agent Shattock Associates said: “These works have been designed to link the existing swimming pool complex with the clubhouse and shop complex, and to generally improve the entertainment and relaxation hub of this caravan park.”
The plans also include new toilet and washing facilities, and a complete refurbishment to the roof, windows and outside walls – which will be decorated with wooden cladding.
You may also want to watch:
Shattock Associates said: “This will drastically change the appearance of the centre from a tired and dilapidated state to a state-of-the-art, contemporary entertainment complex.
“This is a massive investment in a somewhat tired holiday campus that will be a huge boost to the tourism industry in North Somerset.”
- 1 New card and gift shop to open in Weston retail park
- 2 50 staff isolating after Covid outbreak at Weston pub
- 3 PICTURES: Look inside Weston's Revo Kitchen
- 4 From Hornets RFC to England: The rise of Curtis Langdon
- 5 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 6 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 9 New parliamentary boundaries will be 'more democratic', says Weston MP
- 10 Elton John to perform in Bristol next year
The agent also says if the application is approved it will create three new jobs.
The application is available to view on the council’s online planning portal.