Top hotel’s staff collect 20 bags of rubbish at beach clean
- Credit: Archant
Hotel employees ditched their uniforms to take part in a beach clean in Uphill after being inspired by a BBC show.
Staff from Congresbury’s DoubleTree by Hilton, Cadbury House, took to Uphill beach to pick up discarded rubbish.
The team collected 20 bags of waste which will be recycled.
General manager Mehmet Kandemir said: “The issue of plastic waste in our seas and oceans really hit home when Sir David Attenborough highlighted the problem on the acclaimed Blue Planet 2 TV programme.
“Making small changes can have a big impact, especially if collectively we all do something. At Cadbury House for example, we stopped using water cooler bottles and switched to a water purification system. This means we don’t take delivery of any plastic water bottles.
You may also want to watch:
“Collecting so much rubbish in one day made the whole team realise the scale of the issue.”
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 3 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 6 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 7 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 8 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 9 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 10 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset