Housing development named one of UK’s best
A HOUSING scheme near Weston has been voted the third best in the country.
The What House Awards ceremony, hosted by actor James Nesbitt, was held in London on November 16 and saw St Modwen Homes’ Locking Parklands scoop the bronze prize.
Neil Simpson, sales and marketing director at St Modwen Homes said: “It has been one year now since we launched the homes at Locking Parklands to the general public and to complete our first year with a national award and being named as one of the best developments in the UK is very rewarding.”
Judges praised the development for its wide range of properties, its original designs and its work encouraging first-time buyers onto the property ladder.
The �400million development will see 1,500 homes, 450,000sq ft of employment space and other infrastructure built over the next two decades.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Simpson added: “Locking Parklands is a major, long term project which will provide not only much needed family homes and apartments but essential amenities, infrastructure, employment and business opportunities for people in the local area.
“It is a very exciting project to be part of and hopefully we will go on to win further awards as the site continues to evolve.”
- 1 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 2 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 3 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 4 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 5 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 6 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 7 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 8 RNLI volunteer 'will be sorely missed'
- 9 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 10 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston