Housing group up for national award
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A WESTON housing group has been nominated in a national awards scheme for its work to improve the lives of people in the community.
Knightsone Housing has been shortlisted for the UK Housing Awards 2014, which recognise ‘outstanding work by housing organisations’.
The firm is one of six in the running for the Business Transformation award for its programme, Take On The Future.
The awards are organised by the Chartered Institute of Housing and Inside House magazine and this year will mark its 18th annual ceremony, to be held in London in April.
Nick Horne, chief executive of Knightstone, said: “Take On The Future was a major change programme that was truly ambitious in ambition, scope and execution.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re extremely pleased to be shortlisted for this award, which acknowledges the hard work of every individual at Knightstone over the past year and a half.
“Take On The Future has seen us refocus our area from 37 local authorities to nine, reshape our services, introducing new teams to invest more in our communities and residents, and refresh our ways of working, closing six offices and moving to one new, purpose-built office.
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 3 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 6 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 7 Spot the scarecrows around Kewstoke and Sand Bay
- 8 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 9 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 10 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
“I’m very proud of what our staff have achieved.”