Hundreds comment on Trop proposal
HUNDREDS of people in Weston have commented on a plan to regenerate the town’s Tropicana.
A total of 884 people responded to a consultation on Nightingale Groups’ proposal for an ocean liner-style water park at the site.
The consultation centered on a one-day exhibition at the Sovereign Centre, which displayed drawings and details on the plan.
The Nightingale Group is the only party interested in developing the pool site after rival bidder Havard Tisdale withdrew its proposals.
Its scheme is for a swimming pool, ice rink, cinema and retail units at the seafront site.
You may also want to watch:
Opinions for the consultation covered the facilities offered and the look of the development.
They will all be passed on to the Nightingale Group, which was given exclusive rights to develop the site by North Somerset Council last week.
- 1 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 2 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 3 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 4 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 5 Weston hospital doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 8 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 9 Freedom Day: North Somerset responds to lockdown easing delay
- 10 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
To see the results, visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/tropicana