Island tearoom for sale
- Credit: Archant
A POPULAR Weston tea room is on the market for £160,000 after its owner said she has taken it as far as she can.
Tania Gibbons opened Dr Fox’s Tearoom on Knightstone Island nearly three years ago but said it was time to move on.
The advert for the building describes it as a ‘popular tea room’ in a prime location, with an annual turnover of £170,000.
It is in a Grade II listed building, with an outside seating area.
Ms Gibbons said it was just four walls when she took over.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I only intended to get it up and running anyway and I have staff, but I’m mostly doing it by myself.
“I think I’m now ready for a couple to take it on and maybe open it in the evenings and take it down other avenues.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
- 8 Planking your way to better health
- 9 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced
“To my mind, I have left a legacy. Hopefully it will be here forever.
“I have achieved my goal. When I started, it was just four walls and it’s gone from nothing to where it is now.
“I hope the people who take it over will do all the things I can’t because I have not got the energy as a single person.
“I cannot do the best for the tea room now.”
She said she is now hoping to start a dog washing business.