Jade paves the way for women after award nomination
- Credit: Jade Rogers.
A mum-of-two from Weston-super-Mare could be the first woman to win bodyshop manager of the year.
Jade Rogers, from Weston Village, works at Fix Auto in Aisecome Way.
She is the first woman to make the final of the Bodyshop Magazine Awards in its 20-year history.
She said: “I can’t quite believe it. To be nominated is an achievement in itself but to be a finalist is a dream come true.
“To be the first female finalist is a great achievement. It is true, this industry of ours is heavily male-dominated but there’s an increasing band of women influencers who are helping to change the face of that.”
You may also want to watch:
The finals will be on September 22 in Twickenham.
- 1 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 2 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 3 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 4 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 5 Weston hospital doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 8 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 9 Freedom Day: North Somerset responds to lockdown easing delay
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery