Job fair hopes to bring employment boost
- Credit: Archant
HUNDREDS of jobs in and around Weston will be on offer at a recruitment fair later this month.
The event, organised by Weston MP John Penrose, will see some of the biggest regional and national employers advertising vacancies they want to fill.
More than 30 firms will be represented from a variety of sectors including hoteliers Doubletree by Hilton at Cadbury House and Premier Inn.
Other companies involved include The Grand Pier, Thatchers Cider, Bakers Dolphin, Sainsbury’s, EDF Energy, Lidl, and fast food giants McDonald’s.
The free event will be open to everyone and will give jobseekers the chance to meet employers face-to-face.
You may also want to watch:
Some companies will conduct interviews on the day and therefore potential applicants are recommended to dress smartly and bring CVs with them.
Job hunters will also be able to get career and interview advice from organisations such as the National Careers Service and Jobcentre Plus as well as learn about volunteering opportunities, apprenticeships and a whole host of courses.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
- 8 Planking your way to better health
- 9 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 10 £1m funding bid to make Weston police station redevelopment viable
The Weston jobs fair will be held at the Winter Gardens on September 15 from 10.30am-2.30pm.
There is still time for businesses looking for new employees to sign up to the event. Any interested companies should email email@example.com
The large fair comes nine months after Mr Penrose helped set up a jobs club in the town and the MP said he is pleased with the positive impact it has had.