Jon beats 78,000 colleagues to take award
- Credit: Archant
A CONGRESBURY hotel worker has beaten 78,000 rivals in 25 countries to win a hotly-contested award.
Jon Peek works as the assistant restaurant manager within the Marco Pierre White Steakhouse at DoubleTree by Hilton, Cadbury House.
This week, he won the company’s Spirit Of Care award in recognition of his ‘exemplary service and commitment to both guests and colleagues’. The effort Jon puts in for his colleagues was demonstrated by the fact that last year he took a week’s holiday to plan an elaborate Narnia-themed Christmas party for his fellow workers.
Cadbury House’s general manager Colin Badcock said: “We are lucky to have such a hard working person as part of our team that does so much for the hotel.
“Jon takes on many other commitments which go beyond his role and he has been using his diverse range of skills in helping organise charitable events going on at the hotel.
You may also want to watch:
“To top this off Jon is always cheerful and can always put a smile on everyone’s face around the building.
“This award is really prestigious and the fact that another member of staff ,Wendy Stevens, won the top prize last year really goes to show the level of talent we have here at Cadbury House.
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 6 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 7 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 8 Tuk-tuks to provide tourist information service in Weston
- 9 Hornets and Weston excited by 2021-22 season fixtures release
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced
“We’re up against thousands of people from all over the world and we’ve won two years in a row, it’s fantastic.”