Just Cuts is for all the family
- Credit: Archant
A MOTHER-OF-TWO has opened the doors to her own family barber shop, providing the ‘no-appointments’ service she has searched for.
Vicki Fox, of Locking Castle, opened Just Cuts in Nightingale Close, Mead Vale, on January 13 after searching for the perfect spot.
The professional hairdresser said she wanted to ‘do something different’ in the area and combine ladies hairdressing with a barber service, which people could get by simply walking through the door.
Vicki, aged 32, said: “Just Cuts is just that, there are no perms or colours and people can just come in without an appointment and have a haircut or a trim. This is also something I would want and look for.
“I don’t like making appointments, if you have commitments or your children are ill it can be very difficult to keep.”
You may also want to watch:
The family barber shop offers a service, with the help of Vicki’s part-time hairdresser Nicki Williams, to all ages.
It also holds a toy car seat which keeps youngsters entertained while getting a trim.
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 4 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 5 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 6 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 7 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 8 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 9 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 10 5 things to do in North Somerset this weekend
Vicki said: “I had thought about the idea for three years and wanted to do something different.
“We were looking around at different places to open and my daughter goes to Mead Vale Primary School and it seemed a good location with parking facilities.
“A unit became available and we thought let’s grab it now.
“When I left school I worked in a salon for a number of years and when I left there I worked in a barber shop and got more experience in barbering.
“Then I thought I am qualified to do both, so let’s start doing it and I get a lot of support from my partner and my family.”