Knightstone launches new apprentice scheme
- Credit: Archant
THE first batch of recruits has joined a new apprenticeship scheme at a successful Weston housing association.
Knightstone Housing – recently consolidated at new premises in the Weston Gateway Business Park – welcomed seven apprentices onto its Weston College-backed scheme this week.
The seven were chosen from 114 applications, whittled down to an initial shortlist of 47 young people, all aged between 18 and 24.
The final seven will become part of Knightstone’s Into Work programme, which launches this year and will help the firm’s residents across Somerset find new opportunities in volunteering, training and employment.
Programme manager Phil Barker said: “We’re thrilled to officially welcome our very first apprentices at Knightstone and it’s great to see our innovative programme recognised by the National Apprenticeship Service.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope to make a real difference to the lives of these young people and to other residents in our communities through the work of our new service.”
- 1 PICTURES: Look inside Weston's Revo Kitchen
- 2 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 3 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 4 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 5 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 6 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Scores enjoy village scarecrow trail based on TV characters
- 9 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 10 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation