Knightstone looks local for £90m contracts
- Credit: Archant
WESTON-BASED Knightstone Housing has agreed £90million of contracts with South West firms in what it describes as ‘a major investment in the regional economy’.
The housing association recently opened purpose-built offices at the growing Weston Gateway Business Park, uniting staff and services from disparate locations, while a housing swap saw it consolidate operations in the local area.
The concentration on local investment has now proven instrumental in shaping the search for new partner firms, too.
Knightstone bosses have agreed links for up to a decade with companies they say ‘had to prove their commitment to local communities’ as part of the selection process.
The new deals cover maintenance, kitchen and window renewals, gas servicing, repairs and an expansion of in-house teams.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Beard, Knightstone’s director of customer and community operations, said: “Maintaining our homes and ensuring they’re safe are some of the most important services we provide to our residents, whether it’s responding to emergency repairs, planning upgrades to kitchens and bathrooms or servicing equipment.
“These are five-year contracts, with an opportunity to extend up to 10 years, meaning our contractors can really invest in their services and provide consistency to residents in the long term.
- 1 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 2 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 3 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 4 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 5 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 6 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 7 Doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 8 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 9 Freedom Day: North Somerset responds to lockdown easing delay
- 10 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
“We’re excited to be investing in our own in-house maintenance team at the same time as signing these contracts.
“We’re doubling its size, employing more people and expanding its operating area.
“This shows our commitment to Somerset and the West of England – we’re here for the long-term.”