Popular Weston restaurant closes down
- Credit: Archant
A popular Weston-super-Mare restaurant served its final dish this week, closing due to ‘unforeseen circumstances’.
The owner of highly-rated independent eatery La Tapa Continental, in Oxford Street, told diners it was ‘truly sorry’ as it closed its doors for good.
The restaurant, which boasted four-star ratings on TripAdvisor and Facebook, confirmed its closure on social media.
A statement said: “Due to unforeseen circumstances we have to close.
“We would like to thank you for your custom and hopefully we will see you all again sometime. We are truly sorry.”
You may also want to watch:
Many fans of the tapas restaurant reacted to the closure on Facebook.
Louise Vowles said it ‘is really bad news’ and it was ‘one of the best restaurants in Weston’, while Jennifer Roy Hawkes-Paul commented: “Always had an entertaining night at La Tapa with excellent food. Sorry to hear you are closing and wishing you all the best.”
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 3 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 6 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 7 Spot the scarecrows around Kewstoke and Sand Bay
- 8 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 9 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 10 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?