Weston restaurant rebrands, offering new options to diners
- Credit: Archant
A Weston-super-Mare restaurant has rebranded, hoping for success in the town’s ‘competitive’ food scene.
La Tapa Continental, in Oxford Street, has changed its offering to become The Oxford Restaurant and Crêperie, serving ‘authentic’ sweet and savoury French Breton crêpes at lunchtimes in addition to a ‘top-end menu’ in the evenings.
Restaurateur Chris Fry, who honed his culinary skills in fancy restaurants on the continent, took control of the eatery in September.
Mr Fry has received a positive reception since taking over, but he hopes the change in style will take his business to the next level – and he called on Westonians to support the town’s independent restaurants.
He said: “The nearest creperies to here are in Bath and Cardiff, there’s nothing in Weston, Bristol or Taunton, so it’s something new.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s different and extremely affordable, so it will appeal to kids, families and all walks of life.”
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 6 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 7 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 8 Tuk-tuks to provide tourist information service in Weston
- 9 Hornets and Weston excited by 2021-22 season fixtures release
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced