Landlord confident of prospects for Bristol House pub
- Credit: Archant
THE man at the helm of Weston’s Bristol House pub says that, despite its future remaining uncertain, he is confident customers will help it go from strength to strength this year.
The pub in Milton Road almost became a Tesco Express last year after owners Enterprise Inns shut it, but that move was eventually scrapped after a backlash from the community.
After thousands signed a petition calling for the pub to reopen, it began welcoming drinkers again on December 1.
New landlord David Willey says people have been ‘very supportive’ of the new venture, although he urged more members of the community to use the pub.
He said management changes within Enterprise have meant he is uncertain about what plans the firm has for the site, although he believes he will be able to make the Bristol House a success.
You may also want to watch:
Although an administrative error has meant he has been unable to sign an official tenancy agreement yet, he expects to do so soon.
He said: “It’s very much in limbo at the moment. But I do know that Tesco are no longer interested in the site, and that the pub is not currently being marketed at all.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 8 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
- 9 Planking your way to better health
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced
“The community has been supportive and I’m optimistic about the pub’s future.
“We haven’t seen the 3,000 people who signed the petition to save the pub and it has been a bit quiet, but it is January.
“We have a new menu and I think a lot of people will come because of that. I have renovated the kitchen out of my own money, and we have redecorated the bar.
“We have got plans to redecorate the lounge too.
“As long as Enterprise leave me here and don’t hoik me out I’m quite happy to keep investing in the pub and the community because the people here have been very supportive.”