Legal team take on sport challenge for charity
- Credit: Sub
A GROUP of solicitors competed in a workplace netball tournament to raise money for charity.
The event was held by the West of England Sport Trust (Wesport) to encourage businesses to get involved in sport and physical activity.
Employees from the Weston and Worle branches of Berry Redmond Gordon & Penney competed in the event as the Legal Eagles team.
Wesport is a registered charity which aims to increase the number of sport opportunities in the South West.
The players met England netball team captain Pam Cookey at the event.
You may also want to watch:
The volleyball was played at The Grange School in Warmley, Gloucestershire.
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 3 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 4 £1m funding bid to make Weston police station redevelopment viable
- 5 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 6 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 7 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 8 Somerset votes for two unitaries instead of one by clear margin in poll
- 9 Man charged with murder after woman dies 21 years after being set on fire
- 10 Freedom Day: Should we come out of lockdown on June 21?