Lending a hand
TWO firms have teamed up with a charity and given it 500 boxes for a good cause.
Smurfit Kappa and V&W Graphics have teamed up with Foodbank Weston.
The charity needs boxes to fill with non-perishable food, donated from supermarkets and members of the public, which it then gives out to those who have fallen on hard times in North Somerset.
Staff at the packaging firm on the Oldmixon Industrial Estate in Weston, as well as the Lincolnshire graphic design firm, have also rallied together to gather supplies for Foodbank.
The Weston firm has donated a further �200 to support the charity in its drive to help the disadvantaged.
You may also want to watch:
The Foodbank Centre, which provides emergency food and support to people in crisis, can be found behind the Lighthouse Centre in Beach Road, Weston.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
- 8 Planking your way to better health
- 9 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced