Library to host new café session
- Credit: Archant
A café-style session for people without a full-time job will be launched in Yatton on Tuesday.
Heidi Hollis’ Spoken Word Café will begin next week and aims to provide a social event in the village which promotes well-being too.
People are invited to talk about what inspires them in a bid to increase self-confidence.
Heidi said: “People who aren’t in full-time employment often miss the interpersonal connections that come with a busy working life.
“Sometimes these people feel a bit invisible – they might be working from home, self-employed, retired or parents working part-time.
You may also want to watch:
“Life can be choppy or even boring, and it’s hard to connect with what is really important to you.”
The first event will be held at Yatton Library from 11am-12.30pm. It will then run on the third Tuesday of each month, with the exception of December when it will be held on December 5.
- 1 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 2 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 3 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 4 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 5 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 6 RNLI volunteer 'will be sorely missed'
- 7 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 8 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 9 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 10 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre