Trader applies for licence to sell Greek food next to Italian Gardens
- Credit: Archant
A grill owner is seeking permission to sell takeaways from a mobile food stand next to Weston-super-Mare’s revamped Italian Gardens.
The owner of A&A Grill, a mobile food stand business, has applied to North Somerset Council for a street trading licence.
If it is approved, hot Greek takeaway food and cold drinks could be sold from a trailer opposite Argos, next to the Italian Gardens.
The licence would be in place every day, from 9am-8pm.
The Italian Gardens has just re-opened following a £2.48million makeover.
You may also want to watch:
The work is not complete, and a fountain is due to be installed and switched on in the next few weeks.
More benches and bins will also be added, along with trees and shrubs.
- 1 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 2 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 3 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 4 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 5 Weston hospital doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 8 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 9 Freedom Day: North Somerset responds to lockdown easing delay
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
The site will be used for events, including Eat: Weston this weekend, and the beer and folk festival Oktoberfest from October 6-7.
The work was paid for by the West of England Local Enterprise Partnership.
This story has been amended to specify the stand would be placed opposite Argos in High Street, next to the Italian Gardens.