Life-saving device installed in town
- Credit: Archant
A WESTON hotel has installed a piece of vital life-saving equipment, which will be also accessible to the neighbouring clubs, hotels and restaurants.
The Royal Hotel in South Parade has trained its staff in the basic skills needed in a medical emergency.
The defibrillator is an automated machine designed for anyone to use alongside basic life support.
Evidence shows that the use of a defibrillator being used during a sudden cardiac arrest will increase survival rates dramatically.
After incidents within the hotel, general manager Jonathan Cooke contacted local training provider Paul White who was able to supply the defibrillator and first aid training.
You may also want to watch:
The defibrillator will be kept in the reception area of the hotel and will be available 24 hours a day.
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 4 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 5 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 6 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 7 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 8 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 9 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 10 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre