Lifeboat crews boosted by business
n LIFEBOAT crews in Weston are set to be boosted by funds from a house-building company.
The RNLI has been chosen by Persimmon Homes Severn Valley as the firm’s charity of choice for 2012.
It means the charity will be handed funds throughout the year through the company’s fundraising events.
Nicola Reed, sales and marketing director for Persimmon Homes, said: “With developments located across Weston and Portishead it’s an important focus of ours to support the local community.
“The RNLI is an integral part of that community, working tirelessly around the clock to save lives at sea.
You may also want to watch:
“Funding is essential for the work they carry out and we hope to raise as much money as possible throughout the year.”
Peter Elmont, chairman of Weston RNLI’s fundraisers, said: “We are delighted with the generosity and support shown by Persimmon.
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 3 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 6 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 7 Spot the scarecrows around Kewstoke and Sand Bay
- 8 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 9 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 10 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
“It doesn’t matter how small the contribution, every penny helps to secure the funding we importantly need to support the crew with the correct equipment and training.”
Photo: Neil Phillips Photography.