Local company creates new royal cider
- Credit: Archant
THATCHERS Cider Company has a new cider to wet the new royal baby’s head.
The birth of Prince George was celebrated at the Thatchers’ shop in Sandford with Katy and Prince William cider.
Visitors to the shop, including John and Jameela Savage from Yatton, were offered a glass of the Somerset brew to mark the event.
Thatchers’ managing director, Martin Thatcher said: “We’d like to send our very warmest wishes to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and their new baby. As a family man myself I know the excitement of a new arrival, and it is a very special time.
“In celebration, we’ve been offering visitors to our cider shop in Sandford a complimentary glass of our aptly named Prince William and Katy Ciders this week.”
You may also want to watch:
Thatchers’ Prince William cider, a limited edition, is crafted at the Myrtle Farm site. Thatchers’ Katy was the first cider to be made using just one type of apple ever produced at Myrtle Farm.
- 1 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 2 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 3 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 4 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 5 Weston hospital doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 8 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 9 Freedom Day: North Somerset responds to lockdown easing delay
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery