Local festival set to return
- Credit: Archant
BREWERY tours, cake decorating, musical events and a whole lot more could return for the third annual Made In North Somerset event.
Last year they all played their part in the celebration of the wonderful creative flair and local entrepreneurial talents that the region has to offer.
The three-week festival this year, organised by North Somerset Council’s economic development team, will take place between September 14 and October 6.
Businesses and organisations are now being asked to come forward and get involved.
Cllr Elfan Ap Rees, deputy leader of the council, said: “We know that people are increasingly looking for local, fresh and traceable products and we want to demonstrate through this festival that these items are already available on many people’s doorsteps.”
You may also want to watch:
Organisers are keen for businesses to show how they go about making their products.
Independent cafés, restaurants, and galleries can also get involved if they wish to display North Somerset-made items.
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 3 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 4 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 5 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 8 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 9 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
- 10 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
Cllr Ap Rees said: “I really want local organisations and businesses to get involved - they’re the ones who can benefit most.”
The deadline for entries is June 24. To register your interest visit www. innorthsomerset.co.uk/madein or call 01934 426341.