FIRST LOOK: Luda to open at Dolphin Square on Monday
- Credit: Archant
The first business to open at the newly-revamped Dolphin Square will welcome its first customers next week.
Bingo café Luda will open on Monday, offering a ‘different and more accessible’ option for punters, and the Mercury was offered a first look inside.
Luda, in Oxford Street, features a range of slot machines and arcade games, plus regular bingo games playable via tablet.
Its café sells a range of hot and cold food, hot drinks and alcohol.
Branch manager Lucie Harrison told the Mercury she is ‘super excited’ for the opening of Luda.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “It’s far more accessible. You can walk in – there’s no membership – and have a drink or a piece of cake and play a bingo game.
“We offer a different bingo experience, you can move around the venue very easily. There are lots of games you can dip in and out of.”
Restaurants Nando’s and Pizza Express will open on Wednesday and November 30 respectively, while Cineworld will open its new eight-screen multiplex in January.
- 1 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 2 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 3 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 4 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 5 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 6 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 7 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 8 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 9 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 10 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
And Ms Harrison believes Dolphin Square will have a positive impact on Weston.
She added: “Dolphin Square is a development we’ve all been waiting a bit of time for, and we’re so excited it’s finally opening. We’ve got some excellent neighbours as well so it’s going to be a very positive thing for the local community in Weston.
“Obviously it will benefit the tourists as well, but I think its more about giving the community more choice and more interesting things to do.”
Luda managing director, Alan Morgan, said: “The new venue offers a convenient place to pop in and play, and is perfect for groups of friends on a night out looking for a fun time or those seeking to take time out to recharge their batteries.
“The new site will offer those living locally a sociable place to meet, play, try new games, and have a bite to eat.”