M&S will not leave High Street
- Credit: Archant
A MAJOR retailer has no plans to leave Weston’s High Street, it has confirmed.
The Mercury reported earlier this month how Marks & Spencer was considering opening a Simply Food store in an empty unit at Flowerdown Retail Park.
The chain is currently located in the High Street and Sovereign Shopping Centre - and has reaffirmed it plans to stay.
A spokesman for the retailer said: “We have no plans to leave the High Street in Weston.
“We are looking at opening a Simply Food store in the area and hope to provide further information in the near future.”
You may also want to watch:
Flowerdown Retail Park, off Aisecome Way, is currently home to, among others, a Frankie and Benny’s restaurant, Costa coffee shop, B&Q, Aldi and large Sports Direct outlet.
- 1 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 2 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 3 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 4 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 5 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 6 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 7 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 8 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 9 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 10 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston