Magician wins award
- Credit: sub
A MAGICIAN has been recognised for videos advertising his work at a national entrepreneur award ceremony.
Damian Surr, from Axbridge, was one of four finalistic nominated in the Best Business Video category for his 60-second clips to advertise his company Gingermagic.
He said: “I was delighted to be honoured as a finalist, mainly because it wasn’t just a competition among other magicians, but I was up against hundreds of companies in the UK.
“There’s a lot of talent out there and some very big budgets compared to mine, which just goes to show you don’t need to specialist in the cutting edge of video production to produce something fantastic.”
The awards were hosted by satirical impressionist Alaistar McGowan and chosen by The Apprentice finalist Adam Corbally.
You may also want to watch:
Adam said: “Damian’s video really stood out. It wasn’t just that the magic was great, it was an example of fantastic marketing.
“When you watch one of Damian’s videos, it immediately makes you want to use his services and that’s all any business video is ever trying to achieve.”
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 3 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 6 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 7 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 8 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 9 Spot the scarecrows around Kewstoke and Sand Bay
- 10 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset