Majors under new management
- Credit: Archant
A bar and restaurant in Weston-super-Mare has been taken over by new owners and will revert back to its original name.
Majors, in Upper Church Road, will once again be called Majors Of Glengarry after Ryan Morgan and Kim Lamb took it over.
Mr Morgan said: “I want to pick it back up. We are rebranding it, and putting in a new carvery.”
The new owners have also put in a pool table and five screens which will show sports.
Mr Morgan said: “We are making a coffee area where the restaurant area used to be so people can have a coffee and a cake.
You may also want to watch:
“And I have just bought two smoke ovens from the United States.
“We are being a bit creative and also bringing back the good things from the old days.”
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 3 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 6 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 7 Spot the scarecrows around Kewstoke and Sand Bay
- 8 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 9 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 10 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
Mr Morgan also plans to add a new selection of bar snacks to the menu, including chicken in a basket.
He also wants to raise money for charity each month, as well as hosting live music and open mic nights.